Saturday, January 26, 2008

Brigham Young Boasts About His Many Wives


"Brother Cannon remarked that people wondered how many wives and children I had. He may inform them, that I SHALL HAVE WIVES AND CHILDREN BY THE MILLION, and glory, and riches and power and dominion, and kingdom after kingdom, and reign triumphantly."
(Journal of Discourses, Volume 8, page 178)

"I could prove to this congregation that I AM YOUNG; for I could FIND MORE GIRLS WHO WOULD CHOOSE ME FOR A HUSBAND THAN CAN ANY OF THE YOUNG MEN."
(Journal of Discourses, Volume 5, page 210)

"The next man who came on to the carpet wanted to know HOW MANY WIVES BROTHER BRIGHAM HAD. I replied, '... I will guess, if that will do you any good....if I may judge from APPEARANCES, I SHOULD PRESUME HE HAS SOME FIFTY OR SIXTY.'"
(Mormon Apostle Ezra T. Benson, Journal of Discourses, Volume 6, pages 80-81)

No comments: