Thursday, April 13, 2006

WOE TO YOU JOSEPH SMITH



Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on top at last.
I have more to boast of than ever any man had.
I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam.
A large majority of the whole have stood by me.
Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it.
I boast that no man ever did such a work as I.
The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet...When they can get rid of me, the devil will also go."
(History of the Church, Vol. 6, p. 408, 409)
[Whole sermon click here.]

- Joseph Smith: founder, prophet, seer, and revelator of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Yet the bible says:


2 Timothy 3: 1-5
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be LOVERS OF THEIR OWN SELVES, COVETOUS, BOASTERS, PROUD, BLASPHEMERS, disobedient to parents, unthankful, UNHOLY,
WITHOUT NATURAL AFFECTION, truce-breakers, FALSE ACCUSERS, INCONTINENT, FIERCE, DESPISERS OF THOSE THAT ARE GOOD, TRAITORS, HEADY, HIGH MINDED, LOVERS OF PLEASURES MORE THAN LOVERS OF GOD;
Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof: FROM SUCH TURN AWAY.

Matthew 16:18
And i say unto thee, That thou art Peter(little stone), and upon this rock(Jesus - huge boulder)i will build MY church; AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Amen! Is it just me, or was Smith claiming to have done more for the followers of Christ than Christ Himself? He really disturbs me sometimes... quite often, actually.